To end this blog, here is a couple of post about hemp fun facts.
- Until 1880s, most of the schoolbooks were made from hemp.
- It was legal to pay taxes with hemp in America from 1631 until the early 1800s
- In the USA during the 17th and 18th centuries it was against the law to refuse to grow hemp. In Virginia for instance…
- USA founding fathers (Thomas Jefferson, George Washington…) grew hemp back in the day. This information came straight from Jefferson and Washington diaries.
- Until the 19 century, 90% of the ships sails and rope were made from hemp. The word “canvas” or “canevas” comes from the latin word “cannabis”
- 80% of all textiles, clothes, drapes, bed sheets… wee made from hemp until the cotton came up in 1820s.
- The first Bibles, maps, charts, some flags, some drafts of the Declaration of Independance and even the United States Constitution were made from hemp.
Check the rest of the fun facts in the next post !